Hospitalisation leave

Just curious if any mummies were given HL after they gave birth? I requested from my gynae he say can give but then when I ask the nurse she say cannot? She say because I’m not hospitalised already so they can’t apply in their system. But then it doesn’t make sense that how come some mummies can take before they even give birth when they are also not hospitalised?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I believe that it’s Maternity Leave that they took before giving birth. Many do that. 2 weeks to edd, before giving birth and the rest 3.5 months after baby is born. And yes you can’t get HL unless you’ve been hospitalised.

i gave birth at a public hospital (KKH) and was given HL about 2 weeks before i gave birth. i was not hospitalized, but my doctor advised me to stay home and rest due to my condition. depends on your gynae

are u from private or gov hospital? I noticed a trend here that gov required u to be hospitalized for HL whileas private does not have. I had 2 wk of HL b4 I pop too from private

Hello! I believe your doctor will give you a memo that covers your maternity leave when you are discharged. :) Hospitalisation leave will probably be before you give birth. :)

can request from doctor for hospitalization leave, really depends on de dr not nurse or clark. not nessasory must hospitalised then only can take HL.

2y ago

but then after give birth then is maternity leave, cos give birth does not entitle for HL.

It depends on your gynae. They usually issue it not the nurse. I was issued a week due to health reasons and to get rest at home.

VIP Member

Can opt to start your ML earlier before given birth. Else ML has to start the day u gave birth, no need HL

I'm now on HL to rest from work until I give birth. mine is private gynae.

2y ago

I requested at week 36 as it's getting hard to commute or focus at work, and the gynae was very understanding so I thought it's pretty common.

After give birth is considered ML already and not HL.

I was given HL for my 10days n rested at home frm kk