Is confinement lady important?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it is important. After delivery you will be tired and in some pain for a week. It will be good to have someone dedicated to taking care of the baby and you. You will be busy latching baby every 2-3 hours and need time to adjust to this new Schedule. A confinement lady will cook nutritious food needed for regaining your energy and also help you in all the chores. It is the best month of my life Hahahahah . Yummy food and don't have to worry about all the chores. Everyday Aunty ask me to eat this and drink that. If I did not have a Confinememt lady I may have been depressed right from the start because once she leaves it is very very tiring so I was glad to have a break for that first month

Read more

Hi If you have a support structure then you may not have one as there would have someone who would look after you after delivery but having a confinement lady would always be a good to have. Say ic uou have your mother or MIL to look after your needs, you still feel hesitant to ask for things which would not be case with the confinement lady. Also these women are experienced and it is ghe if job so having one will make sure that your post delivery time will go well. She will be a dedicated person who would look after each and every thing about you and ghd baby. So I suggest having kne is always a good decision.

Read more

If you are financially capable then yes its best to have a confinement lady. It will ease you a little. At least meals and chores need not be bothering you. And you can focus on feeding baby and rest. In that way she will also be able to assist you when required. I did not have a confinement lady as it was too costly for me. So hubby and i had to manage everything on our own. Its doable without help as well.

Read more

I did not hired a confinement lady for my 2nd child. I cater my confinement food. My hubby helped to send my elder to school and helped in the laundry. My mum came in the day time to take care of my baby. I had enough rest. I don't have to worry 'an outsider' touching or even stealing my things! Everything goes well, i did my 40 days confinement.

Read more

I do not have a confinement lady. My mum came for a few hrs each day (6-7hrs) to bring me my food and help take care of my little one . I feel the initial part is the most important when taking care of your LO. I see a lot of my friends having problems n babies get cranky after CL left. And they don't understand their babies even after 1 Mth

Read more
VIP Member

I’m not planning to get one. Sometimes they cause more headache than not. Really depends on your personality. If you like to follow strict rules and don’t mind all the customs then yes, having one can really help. Otherwise, you might want to give it a pass.

VIP Member

I did not keep a confinement lady for my first, and I do not intend to keep one for my second. I chose instead to have confinement food catered daily and to employ a full time Helper and a baby nurse to help me take care of my little one at night when I sleep

Not necessarry. It is not a need really. If you want an extra helping hand, CL is another option as compared to mom/mil/maid,etc. Other than that, do you research and get help from your husband.

VIP Member

Of course. CL can help to relieve u from a lot of housechores and taking of ur lo where u can have sufficient rest and recuperate well with her nourishing confinement meals.

VIP Member

I think it's rather important, however it's more important to have a reliable and experience CL. Keeps you and everybody else in the family sane.