Paranoid mum

My child is 3 months old now. I ask all my visitors to wash and sanitise their hands but my MIL said I am too paranoid. What should I do? When do I stop sanitising my hands? Is washing enough?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Nope you’re not paranoid. You’re doing great:) You’ll realise the importance of sanitising hands even more when your kid starts going to school/playgrounds. The hfmd/flu bug spread is terrible. So if this is how you want to protect your LO, please continue:) They can always choose not to touch/go near your baby.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi mummy concerning about your baby is normal. But I feel just wash hand will do. For me I don't want too clean for my baby as I felt if too clean will harm them too. From my previous job experience, they are building immune system now exposing them to abit of germs and bacteria will help them have their defense in future too.

Read more
VIP Member

I heard that being too clean is also no good. We might be abit paranoid after reading all those articles. However, if visitor is sick, pls dont kiss the baby or just wait until they are fine. If you are down with cough and flu, wear a mask. Please don't be too hard on yourself ok Mummy.

No you are not being paranoid. You're just being a mother and you should ignore the negative things your mother in law says. There are so many scary gerns around,no harm being extra vigilant. You're the mother, you make the call.

Read more
VIP Member

Washing with soap and water is enough. Hand sanitizer is more for convenience. And nope, it is perfectly fine to ask visitora to sanitize. My hubby would always point to the sanitizer when his friends come over to visit our girl.

Hey, you are not paranoid. Having clean and hygienic environment is the most important thing with the baby growing around. You can show some videos to your MIL on the importance of it

I’d want them to wash their hands before touching the baby. They are still pretty small and vulnerable.

Your MIL must mind her own business since youre the mother and is okay to be paranoid coz we care. 😊

Super Mum

I fine its perfectly normal. I even bought a sanitizer at home 🤭 better be safe then sorry.

VIP Member

It's just right to clean your hands because baby's immune system is still weak.