Just to check, if lo is having fever, do we put them in air con room or room with fan? Wearing long sleeve and long pants with socks.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will not let them wrap long sleeve and long pants. Better to go with something light and airy. You don't want to trap the heat. Best to put in a room with fan, or at least cool air. Try taking your bub outdoors and get him to sweat. It really helps. Be careful if temperature gets too high.

VIP Member

I still put my baby in an ac room, just not so cold, because the temp is controlled. He wears pajama, socks and short sleeve shirt made with light material. Just monitor his temp and if he sweats, change his clothing.

I continued to let my child to sleep in air-conditioned room as per normal but will avoid wearing of socks as PD says to regulate heat. I also remove his bib because his neck always heat up when he’s having a fever.

Better not use aircon or of need be just out to fan setting and let baby wear loose clothing. Dont bundle up baby and sponge them often.

Hey, Better to not have aircon if LO is having fever as it will make him shiver and will increase body temperature

VIP Member

I still leave them in a aircon room, long sleeves and long pants. No socks as i will sponge their base of the feet

7y ago

Ohok. Why do you need to sponge the feet at night?

VIP Member

The idea is not to let your baby shiver...when the body shivers it will increase body heat...

Super Mum

I would keep the little one in cool clothes and use the fan

VIP Member

I let mine stay in aircon with cotton, long sleeved top.

VIP Member

Best to avoid air-conditioning if lo is having fever.