Can you still do household chores after a long day of baby care?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don't have a helper either and after a long day at work plus putting my kids to sleep, I still have to somehow get house chores done myself. It is tiring, no doubt but it leaves a huge sense of satisfaction once it's all done. Cuddling my kids to sleep is my consolation. My weekdays are usually for general clean up after the mess they've made - living room where toys are spewned all over, bottles that were left unwashed and any spills of food or drinks around the house. I sweep the house every alternate days and do my laundry and my kid's during the weekends. Thankfully my mum does the dishes so that's one less thing for me to do.

Read more

Hi Stan, if you're at home all day with the baby, you're probably exhausted by the end of the day! I'm sure a lot of people here will understand. Do you have a partner? Is he/she working during the day, and what type of work do they do? If they work in an office, perhaps he/she can help you when they get home, then the chores will be done a lot quicker. Being at the office is probably less tiring than running around after a baby all day, so hopefully your partner can help.

Read more

A lot of my friends have no helper at home and have to do the chores themselves. Their husbands help with the basics like washing dishes, sweeping and mopping. They will settle the laundry whenever there are spare pockets of time. Ironing clothes will usually have to wait till weekends when their husbands could help attend to the children. Some are toying with the idea of part-time helpers but most are still doing the chores themselves.

Read more

I will do household chores when baby is napping or I will put him in the exersaucer/walker for him to play on his own. I will do simple chores like sweeping, laundry every other day and harder chores like washing the toilet when husband is at home so that he can look after baby. I will only prepare food when baby is napping as he needs me to always be in his sight and i cannot let him into the kitchen.

Read more

I do my housechores when baby is napping in the afternoon e.g. washing, mopping and etc. I will prepare the next day's breakfast at night and ready to eat in the morning. For lunch, I will try to cook simple dishes to ease my loads. Now that my kids are bigger, 5 and 2, I will let them play themselves while I am busy with housework.

Read more

Its not really a choice, its a must. I am a stay at home mum with my working parents and long distance relationship with my husband who comes back only every forth night... I am lucky to have my parent's help, still chores are chores.. Gonna finish my chores now after putting my LO to bed.

I try to do them before the work day because I'm really exhausted after dinner and fall asleep as I'm putting my baby to sleep - and that's at 8pm! If it's nothing life-threatening or super yucky, I just put it off to the next day.

Yes, I take care of my baby, do all the house chores, cooking and picking up my son from school. Everyday by myself, no helper. I will let the baby play by herself, but if she wanted to be carried, I will back carry her.

Not anymore. I'm too preoccupied with my home based work plus I have to take care of 2 toddlers and nurse them. Good thing, my husband is also stay at home so he's able to help me with the chores.

yes i still do, but i also have a help who comes in to take care of the basics, as i am also working from home. plus i have 2 kids, so it gets really difficult to manage everything alone.