Can I eat smoked fish and cold meats during pregnancy?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thats not recommended. I've read from a health consulting website, named Halodoc. It said, Cold meat or also known as deli meat is very tempting, especially if you really like to eat meat. In fact, pregnancy is a time when mothers have to really maintain their food intake. Eating processed food that is 100 percent cooked is the type of food that is safe for consumption by mothers. Especially with the possibility of the content of listeria bacteria in deli meat that can pass through the uterine wall and go directly to the fetus.

Read more

Cold meat or also known as deli meat is very tempting, especially if you really like to eat meat. In fact, pregnancy is a time when mothers have to really maintain their food intake. Eating processed food that is 100 percent cooked is the type of food that is safe for consumption by mothers. Especially with the possibility of the content of listeria bacteria in deli meat that can pass through the uterine wall and go directly to the fetus.

Read more

Avoid smoke meats/seafood, deli meats etc in general because they can lead to listeria infection that can cause miscarriage in the first trimester or a sick infant in the l step stages or pregnancy. But if you are really really craving something, for example turkey deli meat, you can steam it till it's really piping hot before eating. My friend did that once during her pregnancy and there were no complications after that.

Read more
VIP Member

It is not advisable to consume both smoked fish and cold meats during pregnancy as well due to the risk of listeria infection. Try to consume fully cooked foods. http://sg.theasianparent.com/pregnancy_diet_donts/

Read more
Post reply image

I don't recommend too, it's always good to play safe than risk it (even though u know they gonna taste awesome!) Never take raw food!

Normally Doctors tell you to avoid it because of Listeria.. Its better to opt out . You can try other cooked foods.

best not too. If you are really craving for it then i suggest to take it in small portions and quantity.

Smoked fish is ok but not so much. But try to avoid cold meats

VIP Member

Not recommended.They aren't fully cooked. Risk of contamination

thanks