c sect go via GA or epidural?

C sect via GA or epidural ? Which one better?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If only between this two, maybe epidural. I had GA (not by choice), and it took me a while to accept that I had a lil baby! Hahaha because I didn’t witness the birth process, hence it’s like I haven’t give birth before, didn’t feel the closeness with my baby, at least that’s how I felt that time.

Super Mum

Mine was epidural, it was very fast just 10 minutes after they injected the epidural I could hold the baby already while they stitch me up :). No back pain so far. Shivering yes but it's just annoying not so comfortable and it stopped after 1-2 hours.

5y ago

I see.... at least you are conscious when holding baby.. sounds good

epidural. you get to see the delivery process with your hubs. get to have the first skin contact with your baby to kick-start breast feeding. and healing processbis also quicker

I had GA emergency c sec. Still able to hold baby after giving birth together with hubby. Hubby was with me all he way.

5y ago

The whole giving birth(emergency c-sec) all was unexpected but after seeing bb, the moment is just so beautiful! Hubby was very touched too after seeing the whole process of surgery and baby came out 😊 If I have choice, I would go for GA coz only epidural still can feel the hands tugging in your tummy(I heard my friends told me that). One of my friend wanted GA but KK doesn’t allow.. You are welcome and wishing you a smooth delivery! 😊

Super Mum

I opt for epidural. Not as scary as I imagine and hearing the baby cry and carrying the baby first hand was very good :)

VIP Member

I choose epi, afraid if GA later cannot wake up at all 😄 btw the pricing for GA is more expensive than Epi

VIP Member

Spinal block (only lower half of the body is numbed). Didn’t feel any pain but can feel the tugging...

Spinal anaesthesia was given for me, lower body was totally numb, dint feel anything.

Choose spinal for csec, it’s lesser side effect compares to GA and epidural.

Epidural better because C sect takes longer for you to heal.