My boy used to eat whatever fruits/meats/ vegetables. However now he will rejects meat especially fish and green vegetables. How do I get him to have a balance meal? Sometimes he simple dont want to eat proper meals..just formula milk. Help!!!=(

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is very common in toddler (if he is) to be fussy and picky over food. They might be tired of eating the same thing and might find milk easier and faster to be filling. It happened to my toddler when she was 2 years old. She suddenly rejected her solid meals and only wanted to depend on fm. We were very panicky and even brought her to see PD. According to PD, we have to have a variety of different flavoured food to surprise or increase her taste buds. Also, we dont have to give her so much quantity of food. She will eat smaller quantity but balanced meal. Had to coax and nego before she ate her meals. Very tiring period for us but after that period, it was smooth sailing. No issues.

Read more

Maybe you can try making other dishes incorporating fishes or other types of meat or veggies. You can make patties with chopped veggies. He would not be able to taste the veggies that way but he will get the essential nutrients :-) Or you can make colourful bentos for me. Spinach pancake or home made fish fingers are favourites at our home. My kid does not even know that they are eating healthy :-)

Read more
VIP Member

How old is your boy?? If he could understand well enough, maybe you could explain to him... For our own, sometimes, we will let him watch some related shows or cartoons to tell him that if body not get well nutrients, you body won't be strong enough to grow and fight the viruses.... then end up might get sick easily and need to see doctor and take medicine if really fall sick...

Read more

Try making it interesting for him to eat. Get him involved in the cooking process, give him the responsibility of picking out the fruits and vegetables that he would like to eat. Independence and ownership of the eating process can help.

For me I will go goggles search healthy foods and benefits from fish & vegetables that important and nutrition for our body. And it work for my boy. try to cook different types of foods for your boy made him intereste enjoy his foods.

last time my son don't like fish. I try put a bit of teriyaki sauce to let him know fish can taste nice too. for vegetables u can try various like longbeans with eggs. this is probably many kids will love cos of the eggs.

VIP Member

Try making it colourful so its actually atteact kids to eat. Or you can try some food art to make those food look pretty so it attract because they are fussy so many need more new creation

Same with my son he use to eat meat but now he dont take it anymore I need to ask him to take some of it. He always take one to two pieces only.

Make food fun. Like bread with peanut jelly jam and have a cute dinosaur bread cutter to cut it into Dino pieces

Try giving more variety of food. Or try mashing his veg or fish into his food for him to intake easier.