Scared to take care of baby alone

Just birthed a 7 day old baby. Much as I love him a lot, I am feeling SO afraid and am extremely lack of confident when my nanny leaves after 1st confinement month. Second month onwards my husband will be working mainly with long hours and I'll be left alone with baby with no help from anyone. I am scared I cannot handle baby alone, etc the crying / unable to settle him. Feeling a little depressed now. Any tips anyone?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you! this is exactly what I went through and my baby is currently turning 3 months soon. I'll be honest with you, there will be bad days and you'd probably need your husband/family more than ever on those days. it's ok to seek help from family/friends or people you trust. don't be afraid to ask for help. slowly, you'll get the hang of it! I still have days where I feel that I can't handle my baby. I will take a breather and slowly try out different ways to soothe my baby. if it's really impossible to do so, I'll call my husband and he will come home from work taking urgent leave (this happened once). Else, I call up my parents and ask for help. I think it's important to take care of yourself as well. take care of your mental, emotional and physical health. do seek help if you need! all the best mummy! you can do it! take one day at a time. ☺️

Read more