Hi mummies Please help 😭 I am a first time mom taking care of baby alone at home.

I have a confinement nanny but she has completed her contract. I am now on my own taking care of my 29 day old daughter. I am very stressed and scared when she becomes fussy and cries. Tomorrow I have to bring her for a medical development assessment and I am also very nervous. Can someone please advise me how to take care of my daughter alone and how to feel less overwhelmed? I am still getting used to becoming a mother.#pleasehelp #FTM #advicepls #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Trust yourself. Right now she’s a month old which means she’s most likely gonna be asleep most of the time. Keep her well swaddled or use an age appropriate carrier (konny or JC) if you need. Everyone will feel overwhelmed as FTM, especially those who have no extra pair of hands. Take one step at a time, you’ll be able to understand and differentiate your baby’s cries and needs as she grows. If you’re afraid she will get fussy and cry during checkup, it’s totally okay to use a pacifier.

Read more