Newborn diapers

Better to buy Newborn size or S size in carton? I planning to buy 1 carton next week. Havent give birth yet, 35 weeks now.

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

1 bought 1 carton first cos cutting is bigger ( eg : pampers ) then I bought 2 -3 more packs if not wrong lol. My baby was average size back then. You can compare the Brand’s once your baby is getting chubbier. Haha. Take all samples n try it out then u know the cuttings. babies grow very fast , so some cutting of e diaper will leak some will not. Also depends how much your baby drinks.

Read more
Super Mum

Buy some newborn diapers first, especially if on the recent growth scan, the baby is of average size. Baby will also usually lose a bit of weight in the first few days, so S size may be too big. I think the first carton of NB size should be okay, then you monitor your baby's growth and decide on the next carton

Read more

I bought one carton newborn which is 4packs but only used up 3 packs then baby upgrade to S size. S size also lasted us till 3 packs out of 4 before we upgrade baby to M. so lesson learnt, M size I buy 3packs first hahaha.

Hi, I would suggest do not buy a carton now and get some packets of diapers as in some time you will be able to get the clear picture of what size of diaper to be bought

I would buy diapers after 36 weeks. And size depends on baby's weight. As soon as baby hits the 3kg mark, i rather opt for S size diapers

VIP Member

My baby use nb for abt 35days (~210 pieces) u can gauge based on carton pieces. My baby isn’t too chunky, average size

Used about two packs of 80/each NB size for a month, before switching to S size. My baby weighed about 3kg at birth.

VIP Member

Depends on the birth weight of the baby to be honest. Can get NB and S at the same time.

S size as they pooped alot during the 1st month. S size has more quantity.

VIP Member

S size ... newborn just few packets will do as they outgrow very fast