why i cant bond with my baby...

Being a mom was supposed to be the happiest time of my life, or so they said. But for me, it felt like I was living in a foggy dream. From the moment my baby was born, I struggled to feel that magical bond everyone talks about. As I held my little one in my arms, I felt a mix of emotions—overwhelmed, exhausted, and yes, a little scared. But where was that overwhelming rush of love that everyone talked about? Instead, I felt like a stranger in my own body, unsure of how to connect with this tiny human I had brought into the world. Days turned into weeks, and still, the bond I longed for seemed elusive. I went through the motions—feeding, changing diapers, trying to soothe the cries—but it all felt mechanical, devoid of the warmth and connection I craved. I watched other moms effortlessly cuddle and coo with their babies, wondering what I was doing wrong. Was I just not cut out for this motherhood thing? The guilt gnawed at me, adding to the weight of my doubts and insecurities. am i normal??????? please help

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe you’re just tired. Maybe that’s just the way you are. You have a lifetime to bond. Slowly but surely it will come.