Mother in law

Before I get pregnant, my MIL assured me that she will help tc of my baby after I gave birth. Then during my confinement, I ask her to help shower my baby, she gave me many excuses. So I shower my baby myself but during then, she keep disturbing at the side ( splashing water, tickle baby feet blah blah blah) Then she see my drizzle water on baby’s head (I was careful not to get water in baby ear and eyes) she scold me. And next day she kp say I cannot shower baby like this. So I ask her to shower instead. She gave me excuses again but still does it and tell baby “your mother make me shower you” My husband ask her to tc baby for 1 weekend so we can settle some prayer stuff in Thailand but she gave a lot of excuses again and rejected us. But eventually gave in bcos my FIL say he will take leave from work to help. Then after confinement, my husband ask her to watch over baby for 1/2 day so we can run some errands and when we went to pick baby up, she complain here pain there pain. And say she cannot tc baby overnight ask us to think of something else. So I told myself don’t bother trying to ask her. Before birth, say so loudly help tc. When the time come, it all became bs. Then recently, she keep commenting on how we handle baby. Like how we carry him, how we feed him, how we change his diaper etc. I have the urge to tell her “why u comment so much when u don’t want to tc?” But out of respect for my husband I didn’t. But I drop a lot of hint to my husband that I’m not happy with his mother. It annoy me so much that I really don’t wan to bring baby to meet her. How do I make my mother in law shut up?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

you can never make anyone stop saying what they want, let alone for her to shut up. it’s difficult for you. their generation can be so not understanding and have little empathy. you must maintain your distance because she’s becoming so toxic for you. if you don’t want to bring baby to meet her, then don’t! that’s what i did with my nonsense MIL too. don’t meet her so often for your sanity and mental health.

Read more