Thoughts on abortion

Hello, It's been a week since I found out I was pregnant and confirmed in the polyclinic I went. An estimated prediction of pregnancy was 7 weeks. I had talks with the father of the child, he was actually happy about the whole pregnancy (he haven't think about the future yet, but was just happy that he could be a father). After a few days and confirmation of pregnancy, we had a talk about our future and also a referral to KKH for scans. I told him that if he did not want the baby, we should go ahead for abortion and not waste more money on scanning and all - which he did think and he also was given a few days to 'calculate' and think about our future. I was actually heading towards abortion because it was too sudden and we are not that ready both financially and because of our families (my family doesn't like him a lot and his mother don't like me at all) But because he was so happy earlier on when I broke the news, I was very invested in trying to ensure I take good care of my body for the pregnancy and maybe my thoughts changed for abortion. When he came back to me upon going through all the reflections and thinking, he told me maybe abortion would be a better choice for our situation. I was half happy because it was something I wanted but at the same time I cried alot at the choice he had also decided, it was maybe because I was so invested in this whole pregnancy I wanted to keep the baby - even though I am worried about the future. Please advice if it would be better to go for abortion instead of giving birth in this situation because I am torn on this.

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Keep the baby my dear, it’s a life inside of you, accidental or not expected or unexpected, it’s a mistake you’ve made and it’s not the poor baby’s fault, I believe when u went for the scan, u see that little figure inside, that’s why u mentioned you were half happy when ur partner decided on abortion . I was ever in your position and did ever thought of abortion but baby is no mistake, a gift from God. I end up keeping her and will be giving birth next month. First time mommy and I’m not financially stable I admit but what I know is I will give the best life that I can for her because I chose this path. As for the father of the child he is not financially supporting me and we have some breakdown. So I will holding this on my own. I don’t know if I can but like I said I will give my best. There’s a lot of Organization out there to lighten your burden. So don’t worry. Think over again before aborting okay? If u need anyone to talk to I’ll be Glad to lend a listening ear.

Read more
3y ago

Hi, yes I will be going for subsidised rates. However, the father of the child has decided abortion and wouldn't think twice even after I tried convincing multiple times to give birth as I was also scared of the abortion procedure. I was like since both is going to be scary, I rather give birth than lose the baby.. I have been super depressed over the fact that we have to go that route, he did mention it hurts him a lot to have to go through the abortion route and said he doesn't have a choice. I don't know how to convince him other wise.