Can babywearing cause the wearer to be hunchbacked?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Good posture is important. Make sure you use an ergonomic carrier and it is adjusted to your body build. Find your sweet spot. When all is good, you can wear whole day without ache and it will not cause you to hunch. If it still does, use carrier that allow cross back instead. If unsure, ask www.facebook.com/babycarriersrentalsg

Read more

Accutually it depends on the type of your carrier.. if your using a NBC carrier then the answer will be yes. Coz it will cause discomfort for u and your lo.. I recommend for you to wear ssc.. as the pressure is not on your back and shoulder But on you hips

Maybe yes, if the wearer slouches too much whenever wearing. I've found this helpful article from Ergobaby regarding a wearer's posture. Hope this helps https://blog.ergobaby.com/2015/01/strenthening-a-babywearers-posture/

Poor posture can contribute to a risk of being a hunchback while babywearing. I think if you maintain a good stance while wearing your baby, you can prevent it. Try doing some stretching before and after.

i stopped doing that coz it gives me terrible back pain

7y ago

Hahaha seriously can't explain how I'm coping. first time mom and single parent here. was searching before twin carrier, unfortunately it's only available in USA -- twingaroo