My baby just turned to 7months and started solids. But she always has hard stool that made her cry whenever pass motion. She pass motion everyday, we tried fiber, apple juice , pear...any PD to recommend ? Or anyone had same experience ?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, This happens with most of the babies when they are put on solids, and on personal level all you can do is let the baby have enough fluids, but that doesn't mean too much of them. Also, as you are already particular about giving her fibre. You can also make her have raisins. Raisins are known to be effective in constipation. You can soak, raisins over night and then give it the first thing to your baby in the morning. In fruits, grapes and guava are also good to relieve constipation. Also, I am sharing a link that may help you in managing the problem. http://homeremedyshop.com/14-home-remedies-for-curing-constipation-in-infants/

Read more

Try prune juice. And diluting all her foods with breast milk or formula. Play around with the solids she's eating. Try diluting the solids too. Have to experiment to know which foods will allow for smooth bowel movement and which will cause hard stools. I had to experiment a lot. Cause my baby had anorectal malformation. We have to watch her poopoo very closely.

Read more

Okay, i know this may not be advisable. But ill be feeling really desperate. I had a period when my bub was pretty constipated as well. I gave him yakult. It worked. Just my two cents. Merely a desperate mom, desperate solution. :)

Hi, I was one posted that question. Just to update my baby seems to be fine now. We ended up not going to PD but gave probiotic to my baby. My friend gave me following pro biotic and it works for my baby. Lucky. Just to share

Post reply image
VIP Member

Every solid food that your lo eats. Please give water. Usually abt 5 teaspoon in a starts. Gradually u increase. Gripe water morning and night daily. Fruits like papaya and banana is gd choice. Nt too much of it.

VIP Member

Up her water intake. You try give her a bit of water after her solids meal. Can make it a habit coz it's a good one anyway.

Try giving biogaia. It's a type of probiotic. Available at pharmacies like Watsons and guardian.

Give lo prune juice/papaya. And water is important!

Try prune and coconut water