My baby just turned 4 months. She has yet to learn how to sit unassisted but I would like to get her something that can occupy her and also free up time for my helper. Her current rocker is getting too small (the ingenuity) and I don't want her to constantly just be laying down on the play mat. I'm thinking of buying some of the following for her, which ones are recommended? - bumbo seat - jumperoo - play yard - baby bjorn bouncer (read that she can sit in it till age 2?)

46 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

based on my own experience.... bumbo is good from 4-6 mths to help the baby sit unassisted. can use for feeding too. but u can’t leave the baby unsupervised or in it for too long (probably 10-15mins at most). baby probably won’t want to sit in it once he/she can sit unassisted (usually ard 6-7 mths). jumperoo/ exersaucer/ activity center is good from 5.5-8 mths (only when neck is firm & can sit unassisted) to keep the baby entertained for short periods of time (longest was 15-20 mins for mine). baby probably won’t want to stay in it once he/she starts cruising (usually ard 8-9 mths). play yard is good from 6+ mths onwards (when baby starts learning how to crawl) to keep the baby & toys in a confined area for longer period of time. however it’s very bulky (takes up a lot of space in the house) & not very portable (can’t see the baby if busy in the kitchen, etc). bouncer is good till 6-7mths for the baby to lounge ard the house, etc. but baby probably won’t want to sit in it once he/she can sit unassisted (usually ard 6-7 mths). for now 4 mths old.. a play mat (i’m using parklon), lots of (hanging, rolling, etc) toys & tummy time will be good....

Read more