My baby just turned 4 months. She has yet to learn how to sit unassisted but I would like to get her something that can occupy her and also free up time for my helper. Her current rocker is getting too small (the ingenuity) and I don't want her to constantly just be laying down on the play mat. I'm thinking of buying some of the following for her, which ones are recommended? - bumbo seat - jumperoo - play yard - baby bjorn bouncer (read that she can sit in it till age 2?)

46 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My girl using walker till she can climb up from it then I stole her from using it. If your baby seat in walker, able to with you all the time when you are doing household chores and you can talk to her at the same time. It is a great bonding. Bumbo seat is quite danger without adult supervision.

Invest a good playmat like parklon n a playyard like haniem will be good .They can be used up till toddler age ..kids can stay in the playard with some toys n they can lay on the playmat when tired. Those playmat are thick enough so even little kids fall they still be save in the area

I simply just prefer a walker. It helps her to walk and train her leg muscles. Also, it will allow her to learn to sit up faster. I used this for all my 4 kids and yes, they are growing up well.

Read more
12mo ago

My mom used a walker on all 8 of us when we turned 4.5 -5 months old. Till now we dont tip toe, regular fit healthy, well mind you 😁and our spine are straight not crooked. So please dont read too much and trust your instincts

mine yet to turn over... is there anything that can help her turnover? she doesnt like laying down and keep wanting to sit or stand... but it is not her time yet to sit and stand right? any one can help me suggest?

3y ago

Mine, I taught her how to turn over. Doing tummy time since 3weeks. 😊

My baby is turning 5mos. This coming July 16, he can roll over , can hold things so tight, keep sucking his fingers , and slow close open heheh ( good job baby) 👏👏👏

VIP Member

4 months is still young to know how to sit unassisted ...

VIP Member

mat can use mattress to substitute. play yard is quite good as you can use it till she walks, and can use it to contain all her toys and balls. jumperoo is good too!

Wait wait wait. My son only sit unassisted at 10months. Isn't 4months alittle too soon? My daughter is 4 months now and she's only starting to flip over alot.

My baby started sitting at 8 months. It's such a demanding phase. I want to go back in time when he used to sleep and giggle

VIP Member

Lots of tummy time and get a high chair. :) the items u mentioned above are not needed :)