Cranky baby

Hi! My baby started a new sleep pattern at 20 days old. Baby always start to be cranky at 7pm onwards. She refused to be put down or she will cry. And will eventually fall asleep after 11pm. Any idea or tips on what to do? She has been fed and burped...

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Your baby is too young to self-soothe or settle to sleep. She needs comfort and security now as she is learning life outside the womb. She will slowly learn how to self-soothe. Also, it could be a growth spurt. You can download the Wonder Weeks app to monitor your baby’s progress. It could also be overstimulation. You can try to swaddle her, dim the lights and switch on white noise. I would recommend the Baby Sleep Shhhh by Little Ones on Spotify.

Read more

Might want to check this article and video within the article out on the proper ways to change diaper as it may be one cause of colic in a baby. https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/best-diaper-changing-technique-newborns-reduce-colic

I feel you. Mine is 2 mths old and still going thru this. Carrying, rocking, singing, music, white noise, nothing helps. I’m just waiting for the baby to grow out of it, God knows when. Meanwhile just sucking up my miserable life

If she cries take ard 5 mins to pick her up and rock her till she is sleepy not asleep then put her on bed. Babies will def cry becos they are protesting. Take some time continue the same pattern and she might sleep by herself.

sounds like colic...hang in there mummy! its a phase..you'll get through it

Rocking + White noise works for mine.

VIP Member

Does ur 20day old wake up at night?

Could be colic

Maybe colic