My baby has this habit of biting me while he nurses. Before, it was tolerable, but now, I may say deadly. It really hurts and no matter how I try to stop shrieking, I just can't. So he ends up looking at me, with an evilish grin. Sometimes, with a laugh even. How can I make him stop doing this? :(

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My sister just experienced the same thing and asked my mother to share her "wisdom" on this. Ma said that when she was breastfeeding our youngest sib and she turned 3/yo (just imagine how many 'deadly' teeth she already had that time lol) what she did if baby bites is pull the baby's head closer to her breast till baby backs off and release her nipple (or simply, "ngudngod" haha). I know it's kinda rude but baby gets that what she does doesn't please the mom and so she'll stop. Not sure tho if this would also please you. hihi

Magbasa pa

As far as I know, it's best not to show a shocking emotion because this amuses a baby, for some reason I really don't know. Try your best to keep stern, although it may be a big challenge. You can also talk to your kid and make cues that it isn't a good thing to do. Eventually, he may learn from it.

Magbasa pa