Baby cries at night why?

Baby has eaten... no shit... why keep crying?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How fast do you let him sleep after feed? Maybe can let him stay upright for 10min or so before putting him in his cot? If awake, some gentle massage on his arms and legs may sooth him and help him sleep better. Play some soft music in the background, darken the room a little if possible. However, if he cries louder when room is darkened, do odder him more light. Also, check his cot if anything is making him feel uncomfortable too.

Read more
5y ago

Yes, it's normal for them to sleep more after birth, hence we have to check them every 2-3h. But you mentioned he cries when sleeping?

Super Mum

Baby is still unsecure since you just gave birth to him. Did you try swaddling him? Swaddling prevents babies from startling themselves as they have moro reflex which will affect their sleep. If not can put pacifier too, pacifier can soothe baby and reduce the risk of SIDS.

VIP Member

Maybe you should gently massage baby tummy and feet with yu yee oil and gently rock him to sleep. Maybe you should check room temperature too. Baby might feel hot...

VIP Member

Baby could need burping. Try patting him again to burp. It helps at times. This has happened to my lo a few times.

5y ago

Then he might be having difficulty in sleeping and need u to carry and rock him to sleep. This happened to my lo and it took some time for her to fall asleep soundly in my arm before I put her down in the cot. Otherwise u can try using yaolan.

VIP Member

Is it colic? How old is baby? Can try swaddling?

could be stomach wind..