My baby has completed 3 months. But her sleeping pattern is not changed. She wakes up at night and sleeps at morning. So that I can't get enough sleep. I'm managing her alone. Morning I can't sleep due to my household work. How to make my child to sleep at night??

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, The baby is just three months, and you cannot expect her to have a set scheduled sleep at night. We must remember that the baby is still new to the environment and she had her own sleeping pattern inside the womb, so she will take time to develop a sleep pattern and adjust to it. I am afraid, you will have to keep patience for sometime and she will be fine. Yes, I am sure you must be finding it difficult as you are practically on your toes all the time and with not get to have enough sleep it must be more exhausting. I remember, when my baby was about two months old, I used to be awake whole night with her in my arms and patting her to sleep. But eventually, I didn't even realise how and when she adjusted according to our sleep pattern. I think, this happens with majority of kids, and you just have to pass this time, and the babies themselves adjust. To assist her sleep, you can pat her or play soft music in the room. Or have a very low light bulb that remains on throughout the night. And for you, try to catch up with your sleep when she sleeps in the daytime. Many mothers believe in finishing household chores when the baby is sleeping, but I feel that mothers should also sleep at the time when the baby is sleeping as they can do those chores (if with difficulty but still can) when the baby is awake, but they can never sleep if the baby is awake.

Read more
5y ago

Couldnt agree more! 💖💖

hey mommy please DON't add anything to her diet now, and only keep her on breastmilk till she completes 6 months. giving her even a drop of cow's milk ghee is definitely not good advice, so please do not even try that. that said, i am sorry but you will have to go through this for some time. your baby will take time to adjust to the new surroundings, after the safety of your womb. the first 5 to 8 months you can expect to let go of sleep almost all the time. so i would suggest try and get your sleep whenever she sleeps, in the day or night. also, help her play and extend the time between her naps so that she gets tired and sleeps better. if she does wake up at night, instead of talking too much, hold her in your arms and rock her back to sleep, without talking or playing. keep doing this even though it will be testing on your patience, but with time your baby will fall in a pattern.

Read more

first up, please DO NOT give her ghee, even if someone mentioned just a drop!!! your baby is 3 months old and it will take time for her to fall into a sleep routine. in most cases, babies get into a sleep pattern only by the time they are about a year old. sorry but you will still have to go through some sleepless nights. i would suggest you can try and push back her sleep time. for instance, if she sleeps at 10, try to make her sleep by 11, and keep her engaged in various activities till then. also, you can give her a warm bath and a nice massage around bedtime, so that she starts to relax.

Read more

You may try to get baby to have less sleep in the morning by engaging her in activities so she will be tired and sleep better at night. The other thing is you sleep when she sleeps and Geo your chores at night when she is awake. or simply ask your doctor for best advice trough an app,named Halodoc. they will give some advice wherever and whenever your baby needs some treatment.

Read more
TapFluencer

At 3 months, your baby is still adjusting to her sleeping patten which will eventually change as she gets more mobility skills. As she starts to move more, she would naturally be more awake with day activities and will tire out and sleep at night.

TapFluencer

You try to get baby to have less sleep in the morning by engaging her in activities so she will be tired and sleep better at night. The other thing is you sleep when she sleeps and Geo your chores at night when she is awake

Just try sleeping when baby sleep when your baby get a little bigger it will change try doing your household stuff why baby awake

plz increase her outdoor activity like taking her out to park in evening so that she will feel tired. also try maalish.

Same here sis.. Mgchange lng din daw yan...

Give her a one drop of cow's ghee in her milk..

5y ago

That is a horrible suggestion, do your research before you go giving mums new advice. I am honestly concerned for your own child’s wellbeing if this is something your suggesting!