Pregnant with 2nd child?

My baby girl is 5.5 months now. People told me I can get pregnant easily during these period of time as I am still very "fertile". But my question is, I don't even have menses due to breastfeeding, how can I be fertile?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

You might not have menses yet but you may already be ovulating (ovulating comes before menses) so it's totally possible to get pregnant. I wouldn't say you're very fertile though, the chance to get pregnant is there but probably not very high.

It's possible to get pregnant whilst breastfeeding. It's a natural contraception but the 'infertility' actually drops as baby gets older. https://kellymom.com/ages/older-infant/fertility/

too close to get preg again not good for mummy as the body maybe not yet ready. gynae said, 1st bb ardy drained out all mummies nutrition.. let the body to rest atleast 8-12mths

You can still get pregnant even w/o menses or not bfing. I know of some people who have had 2 babies in 12 mths

TapFluencer

yes you can get pregnant even you're bfing. my friend got pregnant at 4 month pp no menses too.

4y ago

Wah.. Seriously ah.. No wonder I always hear people get pregnant like 3mths pp.. I thought they already have menses back..

yes, my ex-colleague's wife was pregnant at 2 months pp whereas my wife was 6 months.

VIP Member

No menses doesn’t mean you are not ovulating. You can still try for it :)

Hi, You can still try for second even while you are breastfeeding