Took HPT few days before period and is negative

I don’t like waiting to find out if my menses is coming or am I pregnant. If my period tracker said that it’s my fertile period and I had unprotected sex, would I get pregnant? How accurate is period tracker? Time seems to be crawling. Should I just take it that I am not pregnant since I took hpt twice and results are negative? How can I make myself feel better?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi, it's always better to test once your period is late with your first morning urine. It can show as negative few days before period and then positive later on when you're late if you're indeed pregnant as it picks up HCG in the urine. Period tracker is not 100% accurate, but you can roughly use it as a guideline like what I did. Sometimes due to stress or various reasons, we might ovulate late or not at all that month. From what I know, we all have a 20% chance every month of falling pregnant even if you did it during your fertile period. I was like you, seeing negative after negative and getting sick and tired of my period coming month after month and wanted to give up and take a break. I fell pregnant on that month I didn't expect anything, life surprises you in mysterious ways. Just keep yourself occupied, do your fav things and enjoy your life. Your positive will come soon!! 🥰🥰

Read more

I understand that feeling. I only got positive result at my 16th day after missed period. Even 8 days missed period is negative. I think you cn try blood test if you wanna know earlier.