It's my baby's first national day - any ideas how we can make it a special day for her? Clothes? Special foods? etc

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can consider joining this event: Families for life picnic happening on 6 Aug (Sat), 5pm to 9.30pm, at Marina Barrage. Take a look at the programme schedule and see if it is suitable for your baby. (details here: https://www.familiesforlife.sg/unite-at-an-event/Pages/FFL-Picnic-Aug-2016.aspx) Not sure about you, but I usually prefer to catch the parade in the comfort of my own home on the day itself. You can plan a day of fun, dressed in red or white, bring her out to somewhere iconic (zoo perhaps?), take plenty of photos.. before returning home to catch the action on the tv. Just a suggestion!

Read more

National Day? Mm ... Red and White must b the theme. Depending on their age, will try to accommodate everyone. Usually will go out as a family and it is like family bonding for breakfast, picnic, etc ... Then go walk walk in the afternoon in the mall as it is super duper hot. Then will make sure we all head home with some goodies to prepare to watch the parade together in the comfort of our own home.

Read more

For me, will always make it a point for the family to be in red top and white bottom. We will go out early in the morning and make sure we are back home in the evening for the National Day Parade. We will watch it as a family and not forgetting, getting some food along with us to enjoy the program.

Read more

Dress your baby red & white few places families can enjoy together 1 ( Garden by the bay spacious baby can run about 60 min dance with other peoples.(2 Esplanade enjoy free performance plus alot of activities art and craft for little ones.

VIP Member

Well i had a personalized romper for my baby as he is too young to have any food :( So personalized romper and snap some nice photos. But if your child can take solid food , maybe diy some nice food for them

I think it would be really nice to take more photos of your baby dressed in National Day theme after all it's your baby first ever National Day! Photos memories last forever.

Make a national day cake poo, they are lovely and yummy too. Persinalized top with the National Day theme on it. On top of that all. Plenty of photo taking too.

Post reply image
8y ago

this is beautiful

VIP Member

I made National Day colour theme food for my little one on her first national day. I also let her wear red & white clothes & take picture for this special day

U can customise rompers from "Toddley Thoughts". Food wise u can get cupcakes of white and red to fit the National Day theme :)

You can dress your little one in our nation's colours to celebrate his first National Day. :)