Hi all, my baby is currently 2months plus. And I always have trouble feeding her milk, she can take 1hour plus to finish 120ml of milk and she always fidget, turning her head right and left keep looking everywhere during milk time. I would need to use some force on her to make her drink her milk. I know it would be a ugly scene if I were to bring her out and she act liddat. She would either play or fall asleep during feeding and always unable to complete her milk. My mum told me "she's grown up le wanting to plus not that newborn that lie down there drink milk anymore" my concern is if it's like what my mum say wouldn't it be worst if she gets older ? Any mummies have such issue ? How do you resolve it ? Does changing in to bigger teats helps ? And how do you keep your baby awake during feeding ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, firstly if baby is not drinking anymore then don't give it to baby anymore. No matter fm or bm, u have to finish it within the hour otherwise the contents are spoiling the longer u drag. Just feed baby a smaller feed more often. Some babies are small drinkers . Let them dink what they want, if they are hungry they will cry for the milk. Pls don't force, u will only force all the way growing up and what the point of having unhappy feeding time so many times a day? It is absolutely normal that babies want to look around. They will soon want to sit up and look around. Then are u going to force again? U can coax a few times but if don't want then don't want already. Babies are humans, sometimes they like to drink more sometimes they like to drink less. If 120 is not working out then just make 90 or 60. If u want, u can try and see if changing to a medium flow teat works out. Sometimes it could be a teat issue and this u will only know. If u try it. But if still the same, then it is not a teat issue then. Talk to the baby when feeding. Shake the teat or move the mouth a little.

Read more

Can try changing teat because the teat might be too slow for her but must monitor to see the new teat is suitable for her anot. She may not be able to cope with the new flow. Anyway, as baby grow older, they are able to hear and see more and they get curious with the surrounding. Like my baby, he always look around or push the bottle away etc when he drinks milk. So I usually walk and feed him. Like bring him around the house to see different things or change location etc. sometimes I take a break and talk to him etc then continue feeding.

Read more

Firstly baby is only 2 months old. Give her a break and not label her. They are so clueless. Its normal for baby to fidget and move about. Yiu can try going to a quiet room to do your feeds, is the teat the right size? Also, could she be having a stuffy nose? Lastly are you breastfeeding or formula?

Read more

Feed on demand n teach ur LO to hold the bottle n self feed herself

thanks