Weaning off milk

Hi mummies My baby daughter is 1 year old. She is still very reliant on her milk powder and her feedings did not decrease (still 8 times daily) although we have reduced her milk intake from 150ml to 120ml due to her overweightness. I was wondering if babies drink milk to what age? What does totally weaning off milk means ? If baby don't need to drink milk when she grows up, what age would it roughly be? The milk powder can last until she turns 3 years old. If so, do babies stop drinking milk altogether and eat solids like us? I am a first time mom, so I don't know when it's the right age baby can wean off milk (or not?)#firstmom #advice

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is no fixed age as to when to fully stop formula as long as above 1yo (if not on bm). Some kids starts fresh milk after 1, some make do without milk at all and some still takes formula all the way till 8/9yo (like my younger siblings). Milk after 1 will be supplement while solids are their main intake. So it’s totally up to your comfort.

Read more

after 1 y.o, actl can take (in fact recommended to...) regular fresh/uht milk alr can try to drop 1 feed first and replace with solids (rice porridge, oatmeal, yogurt) things that are easy to eat and baby able to take substantial amount of (.5 - 1 bowl)

2w ago

thank you

my kids go to infant care, they will wean off formula and switch to packet UHT milk at 16+ mths before they transition to playgroup at 18mths

2w ago

thank you 🙏🏻 may I know how do you try to let her wean off formula milk and introduce normal supermarket UHT milk and can you tell me brand of UHT milk?