Combine feeding

Hi my LO is currently 2 weeks old. I feed her mainly on formula during her 2-3h feeding and bm in between the feeding hours if she is hungry or asking for more milk. Meaning if her last fed is at 3pm and ard 4ish she give feeding cues, i will latch her until she unlatch herself and will give formula when she wakes up hungry for next feeding time. Any parents know if this can be a concern of over feeding? Any mum that is currently doing combination feeding for your LO? What are your recommendation? My LO tends to hiccup after formula feeding sometimes. We don’t force her to finish the entire bottle. Googled and they say might be because of over feeding. As FTM, im worried if I am over feeding her unknowingly.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mix feed is normal but advice is to latch or give BM first before giving FM. My baby is also a mix feed baby as he is a preterm baby and was an NICU baby. He's 9 mths old now and mainly on FM cos he has started to refuse BM. If your baby is overfed, she will surely throw up. Hiccups is also absolutely normal in newborns! So don't worry about it. You need not do anything cos normally hiccups will go away on it's own.

Read more
2y ago

How do i know how much to give FM after BM?

Also check with your lo, if she is fussy can't sleep some other symptoms sometimes can be overfed, eg too full to fall asleep, wind in her tummy etc