My baby is 5.6 years old n his weight is just 15 kg what should i give to him for weight increase??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I think what you should focus on is what he is eating on day tiday basis than exclusively focusing on a particular diet. I mean if he is eating a parantha with curd then let that parantha be stuffed with cheese or if he doesn't like vegetable or dal then knead the flour with vegetable or dal so that he gets the complete nutrition. Also make him eat eggs, chicken, panel, fruits, juices, vegetables. Almonds, walnut, raisins. Do not give him junk food though once in a month is okay. You can consult with the paediatrician you can discuss and may be he can give some supplement to increase hos hunger.

Read more

yes you are right, the weight is quite low for this age. you will have to start including healthier options in the foods that he likes to eat. start sneaking in fruits and vegetables in some forms, such as milk shakes, desserts, chilas, sweet paratha stuffed with chopped fruits and such. also add more dairy items and eggs and chicken if he eats non-veg. add ghee and butter to all his meals, and also add raisins, almonds, walnuts and such to foods. give him raagi, daliya and oats as these are extremely healthy for everyone, and particularly at this age.

Read more

some children do have lesser weight as compared to others, but as long as your child is otherwise energetic and healthy you should just focus on the nutrition part. make sure you give a mix of healthy foods. the mums above have already mentioned some of these options. additionally, try and get your son to play out in the sun and get exposed to fresh air and also indulge in a lot of free play outdoor.

Read more

Am pregnant I mean the baby in my womb