Weight

Hi Parents, any tips to increase appetite and weight for 3 years old? My son weight is 14kg and height 1m. Thanks.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are a few steps you can take to increase your child's calorie intake until they reach a healthy weight, while still providing a healthy diet. - bulk up mashed potato by putting milk or cheese in it - put grated cheese on beans on toast - make milk puddings - make soups with milk instead of water Hope this helps!

Read more
5y ago

Thanks so much. Do you happen to have recipe for soup with milk?

VIP Member

as long as he is healthy and growing well, I don't think you need to worry about his weight gain. My friend's boy only 13.4kg at 3.5yo, the other friend's daughter same age only 12.5kg at 3.5yo. The old people (my mother's generation), they used to give fish oil like Scott's Emulsion as growth supplement

Read more
5y ago

Thanks for sharing. Yes I used to grow up with Scott's Emulsion😊

Did the doc say he's underweight? Cos his height/weight looks OK. As long as he's healthy and growing well,I won't intentionally increase his appetite and weight. Don't want to risk him overeating and become overweight instead

5y ago

Doctor didn't say he is underweight. He is in 50 percentile. But he looks very skinny.

VIP Member

I Guess 14kgs is normal weight for 3yr toddler .. for height stretchable exercises n calcium based foods r helpful .. milk 🥛 have high content of calcium..

If your child is not considered underweight I dont think you should be doing anything out of the ordinary.

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/add-calcium-to-childs-diet

5y ago

Thanks for sharing the information.

VIP Member

It's quite alright actually. Anyway, best thing is to avoid sweets or snacks before mealtimes

5y ago

Yes, I don't give any sweets or chocolate to my kids.

His weight & height is on a good path. My 11 yo girl weighs only 20kg at 1.2 metre

Just introduce a healthy and balance diet. Milk is important for their growth.