Weak neck

My baby of 3 months is still not able to support her neck and she cries when doing tummy time. Do I have to put her hands on her chest when doing tummy time or let it open wide?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Try to put her on your chest as you lean back on a chair. You can prop her on a small bolster or rolled up towel. Can see Youtube videos to learn. There are many ways to do tummy time. The key is to do it everyday consistently e.g. 1-2 min of tummy time every time after you change her diaper and slowly increase the duration.

Read more

I have same problem.. my 3months old still cannot support his neck. Have not do tumny time with him cos he seems to be always sucking on the mattress . I tried doing on my chest is easier

Put her arms on her chest so she can prop herself up, it is difficult for her to support when arms are open. PD had advised that is the correct way to do tummy time.

TapFluencer

Prop baby up on a pillow. Put her hands on her chest. People cannot lift up neck already you still dont help her support herself.

VIP Member

Can get a tummy time pillow I’m not sure what it’s exactly call but toyrus babies section has it

Super Mum

You can let her do tummy time on a yoga ball. Easier..

Super Mum

Tummy time on your tummy/chest helps too

Put pillow but also consult ur pd

VIP Member

Put a pillow

VIP Member

put a pillow