How to get rid of ‘wind’ in new born babies?

My baby is 2 weeks old. He has been crying even after feeding him. Suspect his stomach is not comfortable and have lots of ‘wind’. Other than RuYi oil, is there other ways to get rid of wind in new born babies?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can imagine. Baby too young and you maybe a little sceptical to feed anything. You can try massaging his tummy in downwards motion with ruyioil mix with baby oil to help him rid the wind from bottom. Try to keep burping in upright position even if there's no burp and do not pause feed for more than 4-5hours (i was told by my massage aunty). Or else fail, u just got to look for his cues before gagging every now and then, as he will definitely be uncomfortable and need you to carry him up to burp. I am on standby for that almost every night

Read more
4y ago

Try to one bottle burp 3 times can reduce baby stomach air. This is my confinement nanny guide one

Some mummies recommended massaging with Minyak Telon (not sure if it's correct spelling), others mention the eucalyptus oil (Eagle brand). Not very spicy like Ru Yee oil. I'm using those oils plus burping. Recently started feeding Ridwind baby drops. Seems to be working. :) Good luck!

Read more
4y ago

yes Telon is working. I use to buy at Lazada

I use Rid Wind. Can get it at the pharmacy section at Watsons or Guardian. Recommended by my PD. For 2 weeks old, just use 0.2ml of the Rid Wind liquid using the given dropper.

Burp after every meal. And during diaper changing time I will massage with ruyeeoil. Actually when I hit got the sound like hot wind right when see doc. Doc say no 🤔

Super Mum

Try Ridwind/Gripewater. Also burp baby a lot. Even halfway during the feed, and after

4y ago

Thanks! Most of the time I tried burping him but he does not burp. He fart a lot though. 😛 Still he has a lot of ‘wind’ in the stomach. Ruyi oil too spicy for 2 week old baby so thinking of other ways to help baby.

Thank you all for your tips. I will try them. 😊

VIP Member

Apply Ruyi oil and hold your baby upright

Hey, Try tummy time and burping

VIP Member

Do bring your baby to the pediatrician

4y ago

Always seeing your comments everywhere. Everything is “BRING TO PD”. Useless lol

VIP Member

Massage and burping can help.