Baby feeding

My baby is 1 month old now. Used to follow feeding schedule every 3 hrs but now he keeps crying and we do not have a fixed schedule now. He is on fm and drinks ranging from 1hr, 1.5hrs, 2hr, 2.5hrs, mostly 1.5hrs or 2hr. He is 5.2kg and each feed we feed him 120ml. If timing is too close like 1 hr, we feed him 80ml. Not sure why my baby keep hungry? Is this normal?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

My baby do even she's going 1 soon. Some baby have that milk addiction they just want milk. If you're bfing they latch for comfort.

4y ago

Yes u are right my baby is addicted to milk. I am currently feeding fm till his jaundice is cleared.

VIP Member

He is really drinking a lot for his age but could be growth spurt. Sometimes like that for 2-3 days then back to normal.

4y ago

It's been like this for weeks, maybe 2nd week week onwards? He always wan milk and we keep try to drag to 3 hrs but around 2.5hrs he need to drink already. 4th week is worst keep crying for milk so we increase amount per feed to 120ml and increase frequency too. 🤷‍♀️

Super Mum

He will have more growth spurts during this time. Feed on demand for now:) He will require 750-1000ml/day

4y ago

Thanks mummy!

sounds like a growth spurt

VIP Member

Could be growth spurt