Baby always cry after feeding

since yesterday, my 1 month old baby 4.5kg keep crying after every feeding. He’s on full formula drinking 80ml every 2 hours. Before this he would either sleep or be full after feed but i dont know why, since yesterday everytime after feed he would cry. Like wanting more milk? I try not to give more as even for 80ml theres constant spit ups, even paediatrician asks to try reduce to 60ml, if he really ask for more milk then we can topup another 10-20ml. Even after burp he would continue crying. Diaper is not soiled. Stomach is not hard. Everytime he cries he would kick and arc his back.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe he just want you to carry him to soothe him? After feeding,try to let him sit for 15 to 30min then back to bed. Did u highlight to Dr that he will arch his back after feeding as it could be a sign of reflux. Sometimes babies feels uncomfortable when they experience reflux hence will arch their back during or after feeding and start kick their legs or move their hands to shows that they are uncomfortable. Probably u want to check with Dr.

Read more

My one month old baby was drinking ard 80ml too.. sometimes if my LO wants more, I’ll just give. It might be growth spurt.. dun stop baby from drinking. Reason being, 1. They gets grumpy and cries a lot which may cause Colic. 2. They are just plain hungry, so feed them. If not they are not able to have the number of hours of slp they need. 3. They are at a stage where they are growing tremendously, so dun worry

Read more

My LO used to be like that too. For my LO she feels uncomfy and wants to burp. I would feed my LO alil more upright and usually after burp LO will be fine. But i will ensure to let LO be in feeding position, carry LO or lie on my chest (if LO comfy) for 10-15mins for the milk to go down before putting LO on the bed. Doctor said to prevent reflux to burp baby 30mins. But it was too long for me i could not cope up

Read more

If arching back normally is reflux. After burp let baby against you for another 15-30 mins. I did that and my bb no longer have reflux