At what age do we have to brush the baby's teeth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My son is 6+ months and he has not teeth yet so haven't started any tooth brushing for him. I am using NUK's mouth wipes to clean his gums after meal & before sleep. I will only be starting brushing once his teeth has sprouted and is visible. Once my baby's has sprouted, I will be using a finger toothbrush as my other mummy friends have warned me and advised me that it's less of a struggle to use a finger brush rather than an actual toothbrush. Meanwhile, I let my son gnaw on teething toothbrush in the shape of a banana! And he super loves it. I got it at Kiddy Palace at about $15-$20. Here's an article for tips on caring your baby's teeth. http://www.parents.com/baby/health/baby-teeth/baby-tooth-care-tips1/

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

You can start brushing your baby's gums even before the first tooth sprouts. I don't use dental wipes because I find that there's no need to. I purchased a finger brush (easily available from Kiddy Palace or Tom & Stefanie) which I use during her bath time twice a day to clean her mouth and get her used to the idea of brushing her teeth. Using it like a toothbrush, I brush gently on her gums and tongue. It works very well to remove milk residue. The bristles are soft enough not to cause injury to her gums. Before your baby's first tooth sprouts, you can use gauze or a washcloth and distilled water to wipe around your baby's gums as well. http://sg.theasianparent.com/how-to-look-after-your-babys-first-teeth/

Read more
Post reply image

When my baby is still young, I used dental wipes for baby such as the brand 'ToothTissue" or Spiffies. 'ToothTissue" is N.P.A. certified, natural, fluoride-free, paraben-free, and contain xylitol. It is recommended that we can clean baby using dental wipes even before the teething to help teeth grow healthily. When baby is older, I use pigeon steps brush (3 steps). Make the brushing a fun activity by singing song.

Read more
Post reply image

thanks

As soon as they have teeth.

As soon as they have teeth

TapFluencer

Qt