Arghhh!!! Im getting depression soon! Delivered no2 for 3 weeks, my mum is my confinement nanny, doesnt let me bathe, sometimes(most of the time) nv cook longan water, everyday cooked about the same food either lunch and dinner entirely same food or consecutively same food for 2 days, every alternate days cook ginger meesua(food that i hate). Worse is, next door doing house renovation, my surrounding building BTOs, both babies crying non stop due to the noise. Both parents everyday scold about this and that, i can tell you the sarcasm and nagging is absolutely driving u insane. The hubby only knows about working, asking him to help just a bit he will feel irritated and annoyed. Ask him to help anything he will tell me "ehhh i don owe it to you ok" Pregnancy, delivery pain and healing of the wounds are not as insane as confinement. This 30-40days really a pain especially for traditional chinese i think. Every single "rules" or "myths" are so ridiculous yet many oldies are forcing people to accept. I dono where to channel and what to do to make myself happy and not fret over these things.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Thats horrible. To be honest all confinement rules are myth . Its terrible. I almost got depression due to this confinement . Break all rules. No choice in this century all are mythd already. You see western women they dont do confinement too. Its only chinese with their odd mindset. You try to go out and have a short relax break. Especially your own confinement lady is ur mum so its easier to communicate and usually daughter n mum sure will quarrel . Sometime you have no choice but tell them how you feel too.

Read more

Buy the herb and boils to shower or wipe? Give in to her half by this way. I tell you. My hubby is the same. Never help too. Some women go insane or depression is all because of hubby. I asked for help and he give me attitude almost daily. I almost jump down with my baby during my 2nd child. My 3rd child now even worse. I already regard him as dead hubby. Around and not around it is the same.

Read more
7y ago

Everything i bought and gave her money to purchase if any. Sigh, problem probably we are staying at my parent's place. Cant say or do wad i want. The husband either give me attitude or give me more things to do(make a huge mess) and thereafter gives me the kind of attitude "is u who ask me to help, don tell me u nv make a mess before"

talk to us mummy!!! I know how u feel! basically i ignored all confinement rules. i go and bathe for my sanity. i told myself. IF i go nuts, who gna care for mybabies?

Read more
7y ago

Thanks mummy! But I think u guys couldnt imagine hw bad the scoldings are. I know parents meant well, but it is nt necessary to add on such scoldings and sarcasm when im going through such tough times. Sigh!

For a start I never belived it all these myths. I did no confinement. maybe just tell your mom you cannot take it?

7y ago

I didnt finish the food she cooked already gotten a hell from her. Whole day of scolding...sarcasm and attitudes. I already told her many times i hate the food, i need to bathe because i already having rashes and itchiness from head to toe. The heat and the noise really driving me insane. Arghh to top it off, she adds on her scoldings. Best!

VIP Member

I agree how you feel. Own parents's words usually aren't very nice

7y ago

Sometimes i just wondered, arent they young before? Dont they know hw stifling it is during confinement with all these scoldings and sarcasm?

Oh mommy I wish I could give you a big hug. hang on tight.