Are swim diapers really helpful? any recommendations?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A swim diaper is a diaper that is made for those who have incontinences and is to be worn underneath a bathing suit, or as a bathing suit. Swim diapers serve the purpose of containing fecal waste. Swim diapers can be reusable and disposable. They are not intended to be absorbent.[1] Typically, it is assumed that a swim diaper should be absorbent, or contain urine, like a regular diaper. However, the purpose of a swim diaper is only to contain solid waste; the lack of absorbency prevents the swim diaper from swelling up with water.[2] Often reusable swim diapers are lined with a fiber which encourages the solid waste to cling to the fiber without an absorbency layer. A snug fit in the legs and waist are key to function. Brands such as Splash About[3] and The Honest Co.[4] and Beau and Belle Littles [5] utilise tightly knit polyester or neoprene as their material. The disadvantages of a reusable swim diaper is that they must be washed to be reused. On the other hand, a disposable swim diaper is only partially biodegradable and repeated purchases may cost more than reuse. One brand of disposable swim diapers is Little Swimmers, marketed under the Kimberly-Clark Huggies brand. Procter & Gamble produces the rival brand Pampers Splashers. Both are sold in three sizes: small (16–26 lb or 7–12 kg), medium (24–34 lb or 11–15 kg) and large (over 32 lb or 14 kg+). Due to their design for swimwear, they are not as absorbent and not intended for regular diapering. Currently, there are no disposable adult swim diaper options.

Read more

I like cloth swim diapers because there was a time when we were so excited to swim, we forgot to take out my baby's diaper and she swam with it and it got so full that it exploded! I was scared that the stuff inside the diaper (gel) might be harmful for other children swimming in the pool so we immediately scooped it out. After that, we got a bunch of cloth swim diapers so it won't happen again. You can try bumwear: http://www.bumwear.com/shopping/clothdiaper/catalog.php?category=20

Read more

Charlie banana swim diapers are awesome. Look out for the promotion at the fairs. Buy 1 free 1 at $19.90. Otherwise try Huggies - you can get a free sample from their website. https://www.huggies.com.sg/huggies-products/huggies-little-swimmers.aspx Carousell or preloved baby goods group also sells second hand baby swim diapers - from as cheap as $5..

Read more

Swim diapers are great as far as hygiene is concerned. You can go for a disposable or a reusable swim diaper. Personally I feel that disposable diapers are better as there are lesser chances of your baby contracting an infection. You can read more about swim diapers here. http://baby.about.com/od/livingwithbaby/ss/baby_swim_diapers.htm

Read more

So I decided to act smart and use normal diaper under Swimming costume. This is what happens if you put normal diaper in the swimming pool. This was MamyPoko pull up pants btw.

Post reply image
VIP Member

If u have a washable swimming diaper, u can double protect by wearing it after putting on the disposable swimming diaper.

We use Huggies Swim Diaper - bought it from ToysR US. They are suitable for babies who are 7kg and above

Post reply image

I swear by Huggies swim diapers when baby is unable to express that she wants to poop.

VIP Member

We use Huggies little swimmer diaper. Can buy from RedMart or toys r us

thanks