Is it appropriate to use nursing room to express milk? As i felt/worried other breastfeed moms will think they should be the priority... sometimes felt so embarrassing when walking out of the nursing without carry any baby... ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some times the nursing rooms do say for shoppers with baby only. Anyway I ignore it when I need to pump. I figure they can't cater for every scenario when they wrote the sign. Some mummies do feel that pumping mummies need the room more as baby can nip. ( ok pumping also can but srsly never tried ) Not trying to start a war but I think there are differing POV. Generally agreed that pumping mums need the room as well ! Though it helps if they can see ur pump bag or big bag else they think real abuse case. Anyway I will just ignore cos it's a real need

Read more
VIP Member

Yes it is, but note that not all nursing rooms have the electrical power point! Also, it's better that you find nursing rooms with doors because sometimes people accidentally open (especially when your pump is quiet).

Why not? Just that if when you are using but a baby needs to be feed, you can share the room. Expressing milk is also as important as feeding a hungry baby.

Whats wrong with that? Nursing room is for us to do whatever we need. No need to feel embarrassed. Its meant for us mums to use. Take a chill pill. :)

I don't think it's an issue to express milk in nursing rooms. Some nursing rooms are even equipped with electrical power points.

VIP Member

of course it's ok! I believe all mummies will understand! most nursing rooms have a power socket for pumping reason!!

VIP Member

Yeah I always pump in nursing rooms. Ultimately it's meant as a safe and quiet place for expressing.