Is it appropriate to use nursing room to express milk? As i felt/worried other breastfeed moms will think they should be the priority... sometimes felt so embarrassing when walking out of the nursing without carry any baby... ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Normal and appropriate. Pple use it to pump all the time - that's why some even have power points and stuff. We are all equal and they will understand because there will be machine sound or u will be carrying the bags etc. anyways, it's ok. It's just not ok to fall asleep inside. LOL

For me as a mother who express rather than latch, I think we are equally important. We need to pump out the milk to feed our babies. I do understand the stares and the embarrassment but I am not using for other purpose such as sleeping so I think is ok.

VIP Member

It's perfectly normal. If you are open, you can even ask the mummies who are waiting outside on whether they are comfortable on sharing the room with you while you express too.

Yes it is normal and of course appropriate. Don't feel bad about it. I'm sure most moms would understand.

Yes please go ahead. Otherwise where else can we go and express. Its hard especially when we are out.