Anyone using Talking English by Grolier for their kids?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I don't, although what i did was to read English books to my daughter even when I felt that she couldn't understand it yet (less than 1 year old). Books on letters and phonics would help. By the time she finished playschool (she was 3 years old), she already knew how to read 3-letter English words. She started reading on her own by pre-kinder, and can now answer questions when asked about the story she just read (now 5 years old). It helps to be patient to answer their many questions and to regularly talk to your child in English. It's probably easier if they have tools like the Talking English, but for parents who may be concerned about the price, i guess it's okay to just teach them English on your own. Let them see you reading, so that they will imitate you. (Note: We tried it in a mall one time, and I think it's a great tool. It's just that my daughter already knew how to read and write in English that time, so we felt that we didn't need it anymore.)

Magbasa pa

We would love to have Grolier Talking English but I agree, it's a bit pricey for its kind. Maybe a Leap Frog educational toys would suffice? Leap Frog offers lots of toys that can really be worth the price.

I haven't but I'm planning to buy one for my baby when time comes he can appreciate it. I think it's worth it, although it can be a little bit pricey.

Okay naman po. Ma-practice magbasa ang bata. May mga books at talking pen. Pricey nga lang po.

VIP Member

How much