If baby’s 1st birthday is on a weekday, would you celebrate a few days before or after?

Either 5 days after or 2 days before baby’s birthday.. is it weird to celebrate before the birthday itself?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My grandma told me it’s better to celebrate in advance (not sure why 😅) but yeah, so I arranged an advance birthday instead. But for me, I personally feel it doesn’t really matter as long as it works around the schedule for us. And agreed with the part where people don’t really care about the actual date, some don’t even know when is the actual birthdate even when I held it on actual day (and 1 year after still randomly asking oh when is baby’s birthday? lol!) 😂.

Read more

I would say it's up to individual preferences. There's nothing weird about celebrating just a few days earlier or later. Just go with whichever date you guys are comfortable with

It’s up to your own personal preference! It’s not wrong to celebrate before and after the actual day. Just go ahead with the date you and your husband are comfortable with.

I doubt your baby or guests (family & friends) actually care that much about the actual date. Some may even feel obligated to attend FYI.

For Chinese, generally will celebrate the occasion before the actual day, and not after

TapFluencer

i usually celebrate on weekend before rather than after but both are fine

Nope, it’s not weird to celebrate before the birthday!

After