Anyone has delivered in Chinese General Hospital in Manila? Any reviews? (asking for my friend who's 2mons preggy now and is planning ahead for her 1st born)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Me. I've given birth there last December. I've had a so-so to bad experience there. Paid for a relatively big amount but the facilities aren't as worth it. They say it's a pro-breastfeeding hospital but I can't really vouch for it since they gave my baby formula milk while inside NSU. Rooms aren't as modern, even if it's the higher priced one. And not so sanitary :( we heard a mice or some kind going through our food. The only thing that I can see as an advantage for them is they followed Unang Yakap and Unang Hakab protocol. I cannot really remember about delayed cord clamping. Also, the staff members are nice. Except for one instance while still pregnant, I was confined due to preeclampsia and the nurse gave me wrong meds meant for CS moms, I think. As far as I can remember, it's an antibiotic and pain killers which could've possibly affected my baby inside my womb! :( If not really for my OB and our proximity to the hospital, I wouldn't choose CGH. I suggest you just find another hospital

Magbasa pa

I have no experience with the hospital but based on some comments i've seen in some groups, it seems that they are pro breastfeeding so that is a good point. I could suggest that she check the rooms and ask everything straight away with the pedia and ob in the hospital she plans to give birth to. I would say this is the smart route no matter what hospital they choose. I would also suggest that they write up a birth plan and have ob and pedia signed so that their requests are done like unang yakap protocol, rooming in (unless there is a condition), delayed cord clamping.

Magbasa pa