Baby is 6 months plus. Started eating cereal (spoonfeed) and some milk (drink milk from bottle), lunch is veg puree (spoonfeed) and some milk from bottle. The rest of e day is juz milk. I realise tat baby prefers to eat more than drink milk. Can i increase his cereal & juz feed cereal without e milk for breakfast and veg puree & no milk for lunch?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies under one year old still feed mainly on milk. But that said each baby is different. If your baby has a good appetite for solids you can try to increase the amount of solids and drop off one or two milk feeds or give lesser milk. And yes you should increase his cereal intake. Go with your baby. He will give the view of whether he is hungry or full

Read more

Baby needs abt 500-600 ml of milk minimum in a 24 hr period - including milk that u add to cereals/solids. So u still need to give milk as it is more suited to their nutritional needs. So just give baby a smaller feed of milk before his solids and continue to add milk into the cereal and foods - unless the cereal alrdy contains milk.

Read more

I would prefer to feed cereal with milk or choose milk based cereal like the one that friso has. I try not to feed cereal mixed with hot water.

Food is not the main diet for a year and below. I would continue adding milk into the food for each meal.

Anytime, jia you!