Late Pregnancy

Anyone gave birth to baby after 40 year old? Care to share your experience, things to note or any challenges? Thanks

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mentally & physically challenging! Didn't go for any further tests on baby except for the anomaly test. Thankfully no GD and other major problems while carrying my 3rd baby. The only issue was the horrible pelvic pain during my 37th week. For that, my gynae gave HL till I gave birth. Had emergency c-sect as my water broke but dilated at only 6cm after 17hrs. Baby came out healthy with a whooping weight of 3.8kg. I breastfeed my baby till now and yes, 1st 2mths was crazy! Felt super drained and super sleepy all the time. Thank God for maternity leaves! Only after the 2nd month that I feel more lively. 😉 I took the whole 16weeks of ML. I'm fortunate too coz I have 2 teenager kids that can help out a great deal. Overall, yes it's tiring but after seeing my baby after work everyday, it's totally worth it!

Read more
TapFluencer

I have a few friends who had their babies after turning 40. As long as your general health is okay and you take good care of yourself and manage your stress, everything will be fine.

VIP Member

Yes I heard one of my frnds frnds given birth after 40.. but it’s kind of challenge to them as well ..

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/getting-pregnant-40-yay-nay

Some mummies gave birth aft 40. Personally i dont know anyone but you can always go and talk to a gynae

I have fren who give birth nearly 40. Everything is good. Just be a happy mom

Biggest challenge is lack of energy as your child grows up😊