Anyone of you allow your 2 months to sleep with you on the same bed or baby cot??

51 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did tht till my son's were a year old. it helped them overcome emotional insecurity thts common in very young kids. pls remember that now you and your husband have become parents. it's a different role than that of a couple. a lot of adjustment needs to be accommodated by both of you. neither one of u can afford to get irritated or feel insecure with the new arrival. this baby can only thrive if it sees love coming from both ends and that both of u love each other. don't think that babies can't sense when they r not needed...they r masters at sensing our fears insecurity etc. so by making your baby sleep with u is not wrong. don't try to follow the western trend of putting baby in their own room. it's not that they know all about best parenting and we don't. each culture and family and personality is different. what works for them need not work for us. hence agree between u and ur husband about making baby sleep initially with u and gradually wear it out by putting him in his own cot. sometimes a baby feels like he's jailed in that cot. imagine yourself in that age and height. wouldn't u also feel the same. and it's a natural tendency for humans to feel independent. so even though ur baby is just 2 months old, he has a personality of its own. treat him likewise. maybe the romance time u need with ur husband can be discussed and executed accordingly so tht no one feels ignored and left out

Read more

Yup, I have friends who co-sleep with their babies. The advantage of sleeping with the baby would be that the mother could better attend to her baby’s needs promptly. It will also reduce nighttime separation anxiety and keep the baby calm (especially for younger babies). Here are some guidelines I've found with regard to (be it with baby on the same bed or just beside the bed) are: - avoid sleeping with baby if parents are smokers or have ingested alcohol or medication - only co-sleeps on bed and not couches and recliners - bedding should be tight fitting to mattress - remove any loose pillows or soft blankets near baby - there should not be any space between the bed and adjoining wall (prevent baby from getting trapped in the space) - baby should not be placed on his/her stomach For more information on co-sleeping, you can have a read at this article: http://kellymom.com/parenting/nighttime/cosleeping/

Read more

Yup I cosleep with my 10months old boy. He feels very secured & comfortable. Simply he loves it.. Now from the past 2days, we started using new crib for him. He is not happy with that. He don't want to sleep & wake up immediately. May be, It will take sometime for my lo to adjust to that crib. So.. finally with my personal experience I'm telling u that it's better to use separate bed at least from 5months age. So they can easily adjust to separate cot. At 2months, cosleeping inceases ur bonding with baby. Breastfeeding is easy so that u can get enough sleep. But one thing u must remember, don't feed ur baby in side lying position bcos that's not gud for ur baby health. Better u sit & then feed ur lo.

Read more

When my baby was younger, he would sleep in his cot which we pulled right next to our bed. This is convenient as I can easily pick him up for feedings and to make sure he is sleeping on his back. Months later, he we moved the cot closer to the wall and at 6 months, the cot is moved to his own room. We co-sleep sometimes, when he is sick or I'm too tired. But I know many parents co-sleep but you'd have to make sure that your bed is safe for it. Bed should not be too soft, blankets and soft toys all over and of course enough space for baby to move about. Co-sleep or not, be wary of SIDS.

Read more

I dun allow as we might accidentally press on them without knowing especially u r deeply in sleep. but sometime say is easier than action especially when they cried & u need to feed them by latching. I m too lazy to wake up to bottle feed or latch properly. I moved my boy to our bed to latch every night. therefore he could sleep with us since 2 months plus till almost 2yrs old. for now, he prefer his own bed then ours.

Read more

I've been co-sleeping with my baby since we came home from the hospital. She's 5 months now. She sleeps between my husband and I, so that she feels more secure that she's not alone. Since I also breastfeed, it was easier for me to have her in our bed. I findthat it helps to have her in our bed so that her daddy can pat her and calm her down when I get up to go to the loo, I'd she wakes up in the middle of the night.

Read more

Since day 1 upon discharge from hospital, my LO sleeps in his cot in his own room. At 7months+ now, the arrangement is still the same. Dont really encourage co-sleeping because there have been too many cases when LO flips and fell from the bed when parents thought they are sleeping soundly & walked away to wash bottles or to the washroom. Accidents happen just in that few seconds/minutes.

Read more

my #1 co-sleep with me on a queen size bed since infant till now (almost 3 yo) #2 slept on the mattress in a different room. it really depend on your preference, typically breastfeeding mum will eventually let bb sleeps together cos its too tiring wake up and feed. the benefits of sharing same bed is mum can nurse in a lying down position and catch some rest.

Read more

depends on your spouse. for me it's my wife that decide my baby get the space in the bed as she is breastfeeding. so waking up in the middle of the night is a pain. so sleeping latch become a solution. hope that helps. as if you are a male, then have to consider.

I co-sleep with my baby when he's 1 month old after confinement nanny left. Just because I'm just to lazy to wake up and walk to the cot to breastfeed him. Being said that, I'm also a light sleeper and I'm very cautious when he's sleeping beside me.