Baby always wants to be held

Anyone’s 5 month baby like mine and always wants to be held? Starts to cry whenever I put him down. Cannot entertain himself with his toys... it’s exhausting to always play with him.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes! My 5 month old too! She gets bored of lying down and would keep making noise to get us to help her sit up/carry and walk around the house. Just a curious baby who wants to move around to see haha. I've got a jumperoo so I would put her in it and she'll enjoy looking around the living room, playing with the toys on the jumperoo and practise jumping around. That way I dont have to keep carrying her

Read more
VIP Member

Yup. Babies at this age are inquisitive, curious about their environment and surroundings. They also want lots of interaction and want to be entertained. Invest in a good baby carrier. It will help you.

VIP Member

Same. My girl is already 7 months+ but still likes to be carried a lot. We can lay her down but someone has to always keep her entertained else, she cries.

Super Mum

My 6mo still does. We use a carrier sometimes. Otherwise my husband and i would just take turns to carry her or play with her.

Same here and I'm sending her to infantcare soon when she turns 3 months. Really worried as I doubt they will carry her.

Super Mum

Hang in there, mummy 💙💙💙get someone to play with him if necessary

VIP Member

Use carrier or stroller. Bouncer chair if you have. On children music.

Read more
Super Mum

Do you have a nice rocking chair or small lying bed for baby?

They need mama to feel secure