2 months old behaviour

My baby just turned 2 months In the day his nap always stuck at 20-45 minutes I cannot get anything done as the moment i leave him he will cry Like he needs someone to be there, i put so many pillows beside him but still cry Then he only wants to be carried in crrtain position, carry against our chest (like want to be burped kind) Anyone baby having same behaviour?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby is 3.5 weeks and has the same problem. Wants to be carried all the time, cries the moment he’s put down. It takes 1 hour of carrying to get him to fall into deep enough sleep that we can put him down, and even then he only naps about 10-15 mins before he’s up and wants to be carried again. Does anyone know if this is a phase they will grow out of, or is this a habit/sleep pattern that will persist?

Read more

Same with my baby. She only contact naps. so I use a carrier in order to get things done. she's 1 year now. there are times she can nap on her own there are times she wants to contact naps. definitely got better over the months. jiayou mummies! babies just feel safe when they're close to us. it frustrates me at times too but it'll get better!

Read more

Sameee. My baby turned 2 months last week. I'm stuck with him because he cannot do without contact nap. 😩 He sleeps very well tummy down on my chest. Can KO for 2-3 hours straight. But if i put down, straight away cry, or sleep for max 15mins only. I try to do 1 long contact nap in the afternoon. Other times just keep to cat naps. No choice.

Read more
7mo ago

Omg yes he also likes to sleep tummy down on my chest! Maybe we should consider baby carrier so can do other task🙈 I think like what other mummy mentioned below, perhaps just a phase🫣

Yes definitely a 2mo phase! As my baby was too short to fit into the ergobaby carrier I had, I used the stroller instead. So I just push her everywhere I go while I pump or do housework. Works pretty well for me. She’s turning 2 soon ☺️.

My baby s been demanding contact naps since 9 weeks old (he wasnt clingy before that), we are now at 11th weeks and he is still very clingy but slowly improving. i think it is a phase.. just waiting for it to be over.

Same here. My baby is almost 2 months old.