2 week old

I’m getting exhausted with my newborn who’s about 2 weeks old now. She doesn’t want to sleep on bed or put down, whenever she’s asleep and I put her down, she wakes up within 5 mins, she always wants to be held. It’s exhausting, I really Dk what to do. It’s taking a toll on me mentally.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

gurl, same 🥲. Apparently it's "normal" and because it has been 2 weeks, newborns are going through "growing spurts" phase. i just cant. whenever my newborn is crying, i pass to my mum or my fiance to put my newborm to sleep. now, shes at her other grandmother's place to take care while im at hosp getting warded coz i got too sick and developed itchy rashes on my body. i legit start my day at 2AM because she cries for milk. i take a nap then wake up at 4AM, nap again then my newborn starts her day at 7AM. i dont sleep at all the whole morning and afternoon. by 7pm onwards, my energy depleted and THATS when she cries again to be soothed. so, maybe what im trying to say is, . you cant do this alone, you'll burn out & because postnatal depression is real 😔

Read more

Been through this phase too! my newborn currently in 3rd week and things got better! she only wakes for feeding/ diaper change. previously during 1st and 2nd week, my husband and I really no sleep as she always wanted to be held and cries when we put her into her cot. we eventually figure out that it's the aircon and gas pain that makes her uncomfortable. so now we don't sleep with aircon on and also we burp her more frequently n held her upright for quite some time after each feed and she is able to sleep better..

Read more

I had this issue as well after feed try to put on bedtime my Bb was crying after a while. I had try increase milk volume and it’s working . Mine was only 7 days old today.