holiday

Anybody tried going holiday with 3month baby before? Can share experience?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes! I’m breastfeeding so it was quite easy food wise and his needs were simple. Eat, play a bit and sleep. We keep to his usual routines, this really helped. Only needed a few toys, the necessities and his own towel/bedsheet. A few just in case bits, thermometer, just in case. It was just us three (Daddy, Mommy and Baby) and we didn’t venture too far from the hotel. I think your expectations have to be right, you’re not going to feel comfortable at happy hours late night and crowded touristy spots. We just kept it simple, walks, time by the pool and we really enjoyed ourselves. We used stroller and brought the baby carrier too, both useful. We don’t have any family in SG so we’re pretty used to taking care of him fully ourselves, so for us it was a huge stress relief. I do believe baby could feel us be less stressed and happy together. The flight was a bit challenging but we made sure to feed him before boarding, that helped, he was then sleepy. Recommend using a pacifier during take off and landing, lots of snuggles and making sure he felt taken care of. Lots of smiles on the plane. I do believe it’s possible, you just have way more luggage and you have to be more flexible with your plans/schedule.

Read more
VIP Member

ME! Im going with my 3 months old girl end of this month for vacation but my mom is following so she will help me to take care of my baby if I'm going to a crowded places.

I'd considering waiting until your LO is a bit older... Immunity will be quite low at 3 months plus it will be very tiring and mummies need their energy recharging too!

VIP Member

My baby is 3 months plus right now.. we just came back from Bangkok.. a good experience but wouldn't recommend.. lol

VIP Member

I didn’t. Apparently I waited until 6mo where my LO can sit in the high chair before going for holiday

VIP Member

Prepare a back-up bag of all baby items like clothes,diaper etc. Baby carrier for walking around.

VIP Member

Bb immunity is not strong enough. Best to wait till about 6months then travel.

Nope. But very troublesome you have to prepare alot and extra stuff over.

Yes, we went to Europe for 2 weeks with my 2 yo and 2 mo.

Super Mum

Yes my wife is breastfeeding the baby so easier