Public holiday surcharge

Hi mummies! Does anyone experienced delivering on a public holiday? Can share how much tmc ph surcharge is? Im afraid im going to deliver tml which is ph. Thanks! #pleasehelp #1stimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I can’t advise you on PH surcharge amount but… maybe be prepared that surcharge is at least a few hundred? Not forgetting…there is surcharge on weekend as well. There is definitely a surcharge imposed. My EDD is 26/12 and gynae asked me to check in on 25th to induce. I asked him ytd if I could check in today and give birth tomorrow (25/12) instead but his reply was: “PH hard to find doctors (to inject epidural etc) & also there is a surcharge for everything so it’s not worth it, just do on 26/12 ok.” I’m also delivering in TMC. So yes, in short….. there is a surcharge @.@

Read more
2y ago

Either ways 25/26 also cannot escape surcharge 😂 You too mummy!

The best place to check with is your gynae's clinic. Your gynae and the anaesthetist are probably the ones charging the extra because they are working on PH / Sundays. If you require OT (eg csect), then I think some hospitals also charge extra for PH and Sundays. The nurses at your gynae's clinic will be able to give you a clear answer :) wishing you a smooth delivery!

Read more

i doubt there is. it’s quite unfair to do that

2y ago

thanks mummy!